This page contains musings and comments from our President, Alan Zimmerman. Alan is very active in the Parkinson’s community locally in the Knoxville area and Nationally where he is a Policy Advocate for the Michael J Fox Foundation and a member of the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation’s People with Parkinson’s Advisory Council (PPAC). Alan keeps us up to date on what’s happening locally and nationally and you can find his messages here, with the newest on top. You can also view Alan’s posts by clicking on Alan’s Musings in the Category List on the right.
- Tip: How to find your way to the crazy ward (or worse)? (10/26/2017) - For goodness sake, make absolutely sure that you have nothing on you to indicate that you have PD. Never ever have a free “Aware in Care” kit from Continue Reading
- What’s The Deal Lucille? (8/13/2017) - What’s the deal, Lucille? Our website is changing so the front page, we are re-arranging. What is that over on the right? it’s a “donate button,” in your sight. What Continue Reading
- I’m mad as a wet hornet as my mother would say…. (7/10/2017) - Dear Friends and Members, I'm mad. I am mad that friends are dying. It is incumbent upon all of us to do our best to stop this epidemic. Yes, I Continue Reading
- June Meeting Location (5/20/2017) - Hi Everyone, As most of you know, Kern MMC has asked that we locate another venue for our June 20 meeting since they need the space. I want to Continue Reading
- 200 Aprils (4/30/2017) - In 1817 James Parkinson, MD wrote, "Essay on the Shaking Palsy" in which he reported his observations of people with what later became known as Parkinson's disease. He was a pretty Continue Reading